BAR HARBOR, ME — Here are some of the highlights of what we expect when our mighty vessel, Sunbeam V, is back in service:
- Modernized navigational suite including automatic identification (tracking) system (AIS), a more powerful radar, and better chart plotter functions.
- Quieter and more fuel-efficient generators.
- Sound attenuation technologies on engine room bulkhead to further reduce noise transfer.
- Upgraded galley with full cooking exhaust capabilities and new appliances.
- New ventilation system to deliver fresh air to lower cabin areas in warm weather.
- Low draw LED lighting throughout the boat with adjustable warmth and brightness.
- Rigid bottom inflatable tender to allow safer launching in adverse weather. The Sunbeam V’s tender is a boat used for transporting people or supplies to and from shore or another ship.
- More extensive dry and cold food storage – all on main level for better access.
- Engineered heating system for better distribution of heat and unlimited hot water.