CHERRYFIELD, ME — We asked Mission Director of Service Programs Wendy Harrington for her short list of 2019 highlights among the Downeast Campus programs and activities, as well as, what we can look for at the Downeast Campus in year 2020. A key 2019 accomplishment was the completion of the Downeast Campus Strategic Plan which you’ll be hearing more about in the coming months.
- Completed Downeast Campus Strategic Plan.
- Launched the Downeast Maine Tiny House Project.
- Launched the Good Neighbor Fund – a financial assistance program for EdGE Families – and began working with families to advance their goals.
- Continued to advance our programs combating childhood hunger through EdGE schools, Farm Share, weekend backpack program, and summer meals.
- Continue Housing Rehabilitation and weatherization work with Downeast Community Partners and explore new opportunities with them to further address housing issues.
- Complete initial Downeast Maine Tiny House project within the first quarter of 2020.
- Build on the strengths of established programs to offer more integrated support for EdGE families and others, using a multi-generational approach and a Family Food Center model of coordinating resources to advance positive change.
- Convene Community Circles, advisory groups of community members and program participants, to help develop our family engagement programming and the Family Food Center model.
Stay up-to-date on our Downeast Community Campus work on the Mission blog and our social media pages.